Why can I provide your holistic concierge services? I have a growing list of curated,smart, talented service providers.
- Mount Holyoke College graduate. First in family to attend college.
- Rutgers U., Masters in Fine Art.
- Tenured professor in visual art.
- Worked in education at the M.O.M.A, NYC.
- Ran my own yoga studio in midtown Manhattan.
- Designed and taught wellness skills in higher ed.
- Got featured in Self, Essence and Yoga Journal magazines, without an agent.
Tell me what your needs are. Call for a free phone consultation.
Prior to taking a full time academic position, I was a yoga teacher and heavily into spirituality, wellness and holistic health. All of which helped me to survive a truly brutal work situation. NOW taking these varied experiences and putting them at your service, to make your life less stressful is my mission. By making your life more peaceful, and you less stressed with Namaste Concierge we can have a positive impact on all the people who you interact with daily.
PRESS ABOUT MY STORY:
The daily intuitive reading I’d just pulled for myself said: you have knowledge that can help others through teaching, writing or speaking and that is your mission. It stressed that sharing my story would help me and others to heal; so I did. This covers the time right after leaving academia and homelessness- (read in story form published at Elephant Journal, (an online yoga/lifestyle journal) part 1 and Pt. 2 The Icestorm,)
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_2″][et_pb_toggle admin_label=”Toggle” open=”on” title=”DETAILED BIO”]
- MFA Fine Art. Taught Visual Art at two colleges.
- Set up & manage WordPress websites
- Search Engine Optimization, website marketing skills
- Freelance writer, specializing in health and general copy-writing
- I am a certified yoga teacher and practitioner of 19 years. I operated Sattva Yoga & Wellness, a small studio in midtown Manhattan. I was a board member of the New York Yoga Teachers Association in it’s founding year.
- I then went off and became an art professor full-time.
- I’ve taught workshops and ongoing classes to faculty, staff and students at colleges including the Graduate Center of City University of N.Y, N.Y.U. And regular and substitute @ NY Sports Clubs & Equinox; as well as a roster of private clients in NYC.
- My video for beginners–Start with Yoga was sold by a division of Book-of-the Month Club/Doubleday.
- I studied macrobiotics and holistic health at Gulliver’s Living and Learning Center (now called the Institute for Integrative Nutrition) in NYC.
I enrolled in a comprehensive 1,000 hour massage therapy program at the Onondaga School of Therapeutic Massage, in upstate New York. This complements my additional training in shiatsu from the International School of Shiatsu, in Doylestown, PA.
I’ve graduated the 18 month, Mindfulness Yoga and Meditation Training program at Spirit Rock Meditation Center. I began meditation in the early 90′s. I have “sat” intensive, silent mindfulness meditation retreats ranging from 7 days to six weeks in length. My Western teachers have included Myoshin Kelley and Joseph Goldstein. I also have practiced under the guidance of Chanmay Sayadaw and Sayadaw U Pandita, both are highly respected Burmese monks and meditation masters. Most of this practice takes place at the Insight Meditation Society in Barre, MA.
CONTACT send e-mail
|Phone: (413) 200-8230 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|